Wednesday 9 July 2014

Real FAM dedication

The 4th Johnstone Girls' Brigade flagged Ben Chonzie and April recounts her adventures of getting to the top - and then the more eventful time she had coming back down!

"Our day started brilliantly. We headed up Ben Chonzie at 10am and reached the top by 1pm. Had a lovely lunch and started back down the mountain.

Things went wrong, I fell, as I went down I heard something snap in my ankle. Our leader knew things were not good and phoned the mountain rescue. My team Lauren and Shona  made me comfortable. Our training for DofE came in to play. One hour later I was airlifted off the hill.

We are all experienced walkers thank goodness and well prepared with the right kit. And were able to give the exact information for the mountain rescue to find us.

Thank you to everyone who offered help. The guy who offered a blankets.The doctor who happened to be walking up the hill,The man with a GPS and of course the air crew and hospital staff and the others in my team.Thanks to all of you.

I'm doing much better now - bring on my Gold DofE expedition!"

 We're really glad to make sure that April and her group were prepared for everything out there on the hill. Accidents sometimes happen, so that's why we ask that every group takes necessary precautions in case something does. A very big thank you to all of April's team for helping her! Make sure you stay safe out on the hills - you can find more information on the Mountain Safety website.


No comments:

Post a Comment